Phonebank Headset Mode
When using Headset Mode, Voter Gravity dials voters through your browser. A phone is not required. This mode works on desktop computers, laptops, Chromebooks and Android phones using Chrome Browser. It does not work on iPhones or iPads.
In this mode, the system automatically dial voters displaying a Caller ID number purchased by the campaign. This is especially helpful if the campaign is conducting a call-from-home program and volunteers want to help but do not want to call voters using their own Caller ID.
On the Phonebank > Start page, you will select "Headset" and follow these steps:
- At the bottom, click "Connect to Voter."
- The system will announce you are connected and dial the first voter, who will appear on your screen. You will see the Voter Call Status change from Disconnected to Ringing, and the System Status change to Connected.
- If the voter does not pick up, but their voicemail does, press the Play Voicemail button only after the tone.
- You can advance through survey questions as needed selecting answers and moving to other questions until the survey is complete, or skip to "Call Next Voter" if there is a bad number or voicemail does not pick up. You can also click the "Call Home Phone" button if you have first called a voter's mobile number, but didn't reach them.
- Repeat this process to continue dialing voters.
- When you are finished calling, simply disconnect from the phone system at the bottom of the screen.